Post breakfast, we will embark one our journey to Dirang. Situated at an altitude of 4910 ft above the sea level, Dirang a beautiful hill station comprises of Tribal Mahayana Monapas sharing their traditions and heritage which are similar to Western Bhutan. Dirang is located on a picturesque valley in between Bomdilla and Tawang and due to its lower altitude than Bomdila the weather is much milder & comfortable, a constant wind blows along the river valley making it a very pleasant place to stay. Dirang is mostly an overnight tourist destination for visitors going to Tawang in Western Arunacha Pradesh. We will stop at Tipi Orchidarium. If you love flowers then it’s the best place for you. You will get more than hundred species of Orchids. We will reach Dirang by evening. Overnight at homestay.
Post breakfast we will start our onward journey for Tawang . We will make 2 stops. We will reach Tawang by evening.
• Nyukmadong War memorial. The Nyukmadong War Memorial is located on a specious 1.5 acre plot of land, overlooking the famous battle ground of 18 Nov 1962. It nestles in a three tired terraced landscape with beautiful coniferous trees planted around.
• Sela Lake, situated at an elevation of 4170 m. It is a breathtaking experience. The lake remains frozen throughout the winter. Sela was a local girl who loved Jaswant, an Indian soldier against her father’s wishes. During the Indo-China war, Jaswant Singh single-handedly fought the Chinese for three days by fooling them while Sela brought him ammunition and food from the camp.The story goes that Jaswant positioned himself on a hill top in a long trench and placed rifles to give an impression that the entire army was behind him.
Post breakfast we will be exploring Tawang. The major attractions for today are:
• Tawang Monastery for eternal peace.
• The Giant Buddha Statue
• Tawang War Memorial
• The Tawang local market . Explore the whole Tawang and have an ethnic traditional local dinner. Overnight at Hotel.
Start early today for the excursion to Zimthang. Visit the sky looming stupa constructed by Lama Prathar of Kharman village in the 13th century AD. Return to Tawang by late evening.
Overnight at the hotel, Tawang.
We will be starting our return journey today. Post breakfast we will drive to Bomdila through the Sela Pass. The major attractions for today are :
• Nuranang Falls.
• Monastery at Bomdila.
• The local market for shopping
Overnight at Hotel.
After experiencing the whole week of adventure, we will be driving to Tezpur, the historical city of Assam. In the evening , utilize the free time to look around the beautiful city.
Post breakfast, we will head towards Kaziranga National Park. We will reach in the late afternoon. Visit the Kaziranga Orchid Park and nearby viewpoints to see the wildlife beauty if time permits. Overnight at Eco-Camp/Resort.
Early morning, Ride to the dense forest of Kaziranga in an Elephant Safari or Gypsy Safari to the different Jungle ranges and nearby tea gardens. Witness the world most famous One-Horned Rhino and other species. Visit the Kakochang Waterfall after that and back to Kaziranga for overnight stay.
After a good sleep, its time to move on. Post Breakfast, we will drive towards Kohima- capital cityof Nagaland. The name, Kohima, was officially given by the British as they could not pronounce the Angami(tribe) name of Kewhira. It is called after the wild flowering plant ‘Kewhi’ found in that area. After a good lunch, roam around the streets and shop in the local market. Kohima is famous for its Handicrafts. Don’t forget to try some local foods.
Overnight stay at Hotel.
Post Breakfast, today we will explore some of the beautiful places of Kohima. The places included
⚫ Kohima Museum: As Nagaland is constituted of many tribes, this museum All of 16 tribal groups are a part of Nagaland and all of them are represented here. The clan motifs, colorful traditional dresses, dialect, practices and traditions are displayed at the museum.
⚫ Kohima War Cemetary: This beautiful site is dedicated to the 10,000 Allied soldiers who lost their lives during the Japanese invasion during the World War-II. There is an epitaph in the cemetery which shows an emotional message for the readers. Its written as-When you go home, tell them of us and say That for their tomorrow, we gave our today.....
⚫ Kohima Cathedral: The church is noted for its architecture which incorporates many elements of traditional Naga houses, including its facade which resembles that of a Naga house. The architecture of the cathedral blends into the hill on which it is situated. The 16 feet high carved wood crucifix is one of Asia's largest it wcrosses.
⚫ Kisama Heritage Village: This village is situated in the outskirts of Kohima. This village seeks to promote and preserve the cultural traditions of the Naga people. The famous ‘Hornbill Festival’ which usually takes place in the month of December held here.
Overnight stay at Hotel.
After breakfast, travel overland approximately 16 kms. to Khonoma, a village with its own unique story of courage and valour. The villagers fought a pitched battle against the British who came on an expedition to the Naga Hills in Oct of 1879. The terraced fields on the slopes near the village provide a delightful view. The village is also known for its artisans and craftsmen.
Spend the day interacting with the villagers. We take a delightful walk to Khonoma village from the main gate. Take a tour of the village after lunch and feel the history come to life.
Stay overnight in the village.
Explore the surroundings. This morning we take a soft trekking route through the reserve forest to the Tragopan bird sanctuary. Have picnic lunch cooked in open fire and return by early evening to the village.
Today visit Jakhama village experience the real Angami Naga tribal way of living. Also visit the Heritage Complex where the Hornbill festival is celebrated every year from the 1st of December to 7th of December. Overnight in Kigwema.
Post breakfast, start the journey towards Nagaon for the halt and overnight stay at Resort.
After an early breakfast in Guwahati, you will leave for Shillong this morning, all the while being accompanied by the rolling hills and deep valleys. On the way, stop by Umiam Lake, which is the biggest man-made lake in North East. On the day, you will visit the Elephant falls and Shillong Peak, which is the highest point in Meghalaya.
The tour continues as you visit the Lady Hydari Park, All Saints Church, the Cathedral in Laitumkhrah, Shillong Golf Links and the Don Bosco Museum. Visit the famous Police Bazar and overnight at hotel.
Once in Cherrapunji, you will be visiting attractions like the Nohkalikai Falls, Seven Sisters Falls, the Mawsmai Caves, and the Arwah caves. Waterfalls and Weisawdong. In the evening, you will be checking in to the Resort/Hotel for the overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
After breakfast this morning, a small trekking experience will take you to the majestic double- decker living root bridge of Cherrapunji. Spend some time strolling and exploring the beauty of Cherrapunji. Overnight in Cherrapunji.
Early morning after breakfast leave for Dawki. Enjoy boating and swimming in Umngot Riiver and also spotting India and Bangladesh border in Dawki. Further, head to witness the cleanest village Mawlynnong. In the evening, head for Cherrapunji. Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
Early morning after breakfast, head for a road trip from Cherrapunji to Mawphlang Village. Explore sacred groves and khasi heritage village tour at Mawphlang village. Learn about khasi tribal culture, mythology and their way of life. Night stay at Shillong.
Post breakfast, Local sightseeing at Guwahati city. The places will be: Kamakhya temple, Basistha Temple, Balaji Temple, Navagraha Temple, Assam State Museum, Visit the Northeast biggest shopping mall “ City Centre”.
Overnight at Ethinc Guest House.
Post breakfast we will drop you, either at the airport or at the railway station(depending on your choice) for your onward journey.
- All transfers and sightseeing by 01 SUV (INNOVA/XYLO)
- Guwahati Airport/Station Pickup and Drop
- Vehicle Fuel Charges and Driver's Allowances
- Twin Sharing Room(s).
- All ethnic or traditional meals (Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Dinner)
Services of a Local English/Hindi speaking driver during the tour.
Good Homestays/Ethnic Guest House
- Sightseeing in all mentioned destinations.
- Inner line permit for all passengers if applicable.
- Special Permit for Border Area Visit if applicable.
- Local guide or porter during trek if required.
- Drinking Water
- Any expenses of personal nature or extra meals ordered
- Air/train fare
- Lunch and dinner.
- Visa Fees, Tips, Insurance or Medical Fees.
- River Cruise or Safari Charges.
- Any Camera and monument entry fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the above "Inclusion Part.
THE ITINERARY AND PRICING MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE FLIGHT/TRAIN ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE TIMINGS AND OTHER MODIFICATIONS.
Terms and Conditions:
Finderbridge does not hold any responsibility for refund arising out of any natural, weather conditions, pandemic situation, man-made calamities that may occur.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all the mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Finderbridge reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, pandemic lockdowns, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The package of the tour may vary on the number of people that will be coming in the tour.
- Payment can be done in parts.
- After making your first payment, you will get an email confirmation.
- Once you make the 100% payment for your booking, you'll get the booking voucher containing all the information about your trip.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
Payment Terms Policy
100% of total tour cost will have to be paid 10 days before the date of travel.