Khonoma: The First Green Village
Khonoma, a Nagaland village known as ‘Asia’s first green village’ was once popular for wildlife hunting. This quaint village is located near the Indo-Myanmar border at a distance of approximately 20 km from the capital city of Nagaland which is Kohima. Surrounded by lush green mountains and picturesque landscape, Khonoma is a great place to unwind in the lap of nature. This centuries-old village has a very less population. It approximately has 600 households. If you are a discerning traveller, you must visit Khonoma and explore its beauty staying at one of the homestays in the village run by local people of the Angami tribe
Dimapur Railway Station or Airport and then we will transfer you to Kigwema. If time
permits visit Kisama Festival ground for cultural show. Reach the beautiful homestay at Kigwema.
Overnight stay at homestay.
After breakfast walk to the festival ground and enjoy cultural performance of different
Naga tribes - They are so vibrant and showcase their culture keeping originality of the
tribal heritage. Visit the capital city of Kohima and explore the most beautiful town.
Visit The Kohima War Cemetery, Kohima Museum, Kohima Zoo and have a traditional
Overnight stay at Homestay.
Post brekfast, move towards Khonoma - Khonoma village is located about 20
kilometers from the state capital, Kohima - The village, referred to as Khwunori
(named after the Angami term for a local plant, Glouthera fragrantisima), is estimated
to be around 700 years old - The terrain of the village is hilly, ranging from gentle slopes
to steep and rugged hillsides - The hills are covered with lush forestland, rich in various
species of flora and fauna. The state bird, Blyth's tragopan, a pheasant now nationally
endangered, is found here.
Overnight stay at Khonoma.
Apart from Historical background Khonoma is famous for its natural resources - This is
the first green village of North East India - Blyth’s trogopan is often sighted here and
only trogopan sanctuary is found here - Besides its unique forest and terrace cultivation
with Napalese Alder nutrition kind of eco- friendly organic food growing - Bird watching
is the prime activity for tourists.
Overnight at Home stay.
Post breakfast, we drive towards Dimapur Railway Station or Airport for the drop with all
the beautiful memories of Nagaland and end of tour.
- All transfers and sightseeing by 01 SUV (INNOVA/XYLO)
- Guwahati Airport/Station Pickup and Drop
- Vehicle Fuel Charges and Driver's Allowances
- Twin Sharing Room(s).
- All ethnic or traditional meals (Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Dinner)
Services of a Local English/Hindi speaking driver during the tour.
Good Homestays/Ethnic Guest House
- Sightseeing in all mentioned destinations.
- Inner line permit for all passengers if applicable.
- Special Permit for Border Area Visit if applicable.
- Local guide or porter during trek if required.
- Drinking Water
- Any expenses of personal nature or extra meals ordered
- Air/train fare
- Lunch and dinner.
- Visa Fees, Tips, Insurance or Medical Fees.
- River Cruise or Safari Charges.
- Any Camera and monument entry fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the above "Inclusion Part.
THE ITINERARY AND PRICING MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE FLIGHT/TRAIN ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE TIMINGS AND OTHER MODIFICATIONS.
Terms and Conditions:
Finderbridge does not hold any responsibility for refund arising out of any natural, weather conditions, pandemic situation, man-made calamities that may occur.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all the mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Finderbridge reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, pandemic lockdowns, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The package of the tour may vary on the number of people that will be coming in the tour.
- Payment can be done in parts.
- After making your first payment, you will get an email confirmation.
- Once you make the 100% payment for your booking, you'll get the booking voucher containing all the information about your trip.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
Payment Terms Policy
100% of total tour cost will have to be paid 10 days before the date of travel.