Majuli is a river island situated in the middle of mighty river Brahmaputra, Assam. It is the world’s largest riverine island having an area of approximately 352 sq. kilometers. The Island is also home to various ethnic communities like the Mishing, Deoris, Nepalis, Sonowal Kachari, etc. The Vaishnavite Satras set up by saint Srimanta Sankardeva, his disciples and their descendants in the Island gives the Island its unique identity. It is also being shortlisted for future status of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
This 5 days’ tour will take you to the glimpse of:
World’s largest riverine island.
The world famous Vaishnavite culture and Satras of Majuli.
Exploring local villages and local cuisines.
Exploring the unique wildlife of Majuli.
A chance to meet the Forest Man of India- Jadav Payeng.
Upon arrival in Jorhat you will be met by your guide and transferred to your homestay in Majuli. It will be a 45 minutes’ drive and 1-hour ferry ride from Nimati ghat. Enjoy the panoramic view of mighty river Brahmaputra during the journey. After reaching the destination, the remaining day will be at leisure. Overnight stay at Homestay.
Post breakfast, we will head towards the exploration of various Satras located on the island. The famous satras are: Garmur Satra, Auniati Satra, Natun Samaguri Satra, Uttar Kamalabari Satra, Dakhinpat Satra, etc. Every Satra has its own specialty. You will get to know the history of these satras when you reach there. Also we will show you the famous Pottery art of Majuli. In the evening, enjoy the famous religious play performed by the monks of Vaishnavite satras. Overnight stay at Homestay.
After breakfast, today we will explore the local villages of Majuli. At first, we will explore the Mishing village where you will get to see their day to day life activities, traditional house on raised stilts, making of traditional attires such as-Rihbi, Gaseng, Seleng Gasor, etc. Then we will try some local cuisines and local rice beer. Then we will explore the villages of other communities such as Deori, Sonowal Kacharis, etc. Overnight stay at Homestay.
Post breakfast, we will explore the natural wildlife and wetlands of Majuli. The beels (wetlands) serves as a major birding hotspot in Assam. Some of the famous beels to get glimpse of Migratory birds are: Sakuli Beel, Bhereli Beel, Bor Beel and Dubori Toli Beel. You can try fishing with the local villagers also. The rest of the day will be at leisure. Overnight stay at Homestay.
Post Breakfast, we will start our return journey towards Jorhat. While returning, we will try our best to take you to the Molai Forest Reserve. If you’re lucky enough, you might get a chance to meet the forest man of India i.e. Jadav Payeng. Over the course of several decades, he has planted and tended trees on a sandbar of the river Brahmaputra turning it into a forest reserve. The forest, called Molai forest reserve which was named after him, is located near Kokilamukh of Jorhat, Assam, India and encompasses an area of about 1,360 acres/550 hectares. In 2015, he was honoured with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India. Due to his busy schedule, we cannot give an assurance of meeting him. We wish you a happy and safe journey for your onward destination.
- All transfers and sightseeing by 01 SUV (INNOVA/XYLO)
- Guwahati Airport/Station Pickup and Drop
- Vehicle Fuel Charges and Driver's Allowances
- Twin Sharing Room(s).
- All ethnic or traditional meals (Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Dinner)
Services of a Local English/Hindi speaking driver during the tour.
Good Homestays/Ethnic Guest House
- Sightseeing in all mentioned destinations.
- Inner line permit for all passengers if applicable.
- Special Permit for Border Area Visit if applicable.
- Local guide or porter during trek if required.
- Drinking Water
- Any expenses of personal nature or extra meals ordered
- Air/train fare
- Lunch and dinner.
- Visa Fees, Tips, Insurance or Medical Fees.
- River Cruise or Safari Charges.
- Any Camera and monument entry fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the above "Inclusion Part.
THE ITINERARY AND PRICING MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE FLIGHT/TRAIN ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE TIMINGS AND OTHER MODIFICATIONS.
Terms and Conditions:
Finderbridge does not hold any responsibility for refund arising out of any natural, weather conditions, pandemic situation, man-made calamities that may occur.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all the mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Finderbridge reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, pandemic lockdowns, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The package of the tour may vary on the number of people that will be coming in the tour.
- Payment can be done in parts.
- After making your first payment, you will get an email confirmation.
- Once you make the 100% payment for your booking, you'll get the booking voucher containing all the information about your trip.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
Payment Terms Policy
100% of total tour cost will have to be paid 10 days before the date of travel.