Meghalaya is one of the most beautiful states in India. Known as the ‘Abode of Clouds’ and ‘Scotland of the East’, it is located on the plateau regions of Khasi, Garo and Jaintia hills. If you’re a true nature lover, then Meghalaya is the best place to visit. Meghalaya is unparalleled and the state has some really good magic tricks up its sleeve. One of them is Shnongpdeng, located in the Jaintia hills of Meghalaya where the serene Umngot River flows. The river is so clean that the boats look like they are floating in thin air.
In this 3 days’ tour, you will get a glimpse of:
- Exploring Shillong
- Visit to the cleanest village of Asia.
- Adventure activities at Shnongpdeng and exploring Dawki
Upon arrival at airport/station, you will be met by our representatives and we will start our journey. Through the zigzag turnings of National Highway 6, it will be a mesmerizing drive with beautiful landscapes. After two and half hours of drive, we will reach Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya. Before we enter Shillong, we will take a stop at Umiam lake.
Post lunch, we will explore this beautiful city. We will take you to some of the famous spots such as Elephant falls, Shillong peak, Wards Lake, Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, evening walk to Centre point, Police bazaar, etc.
Overnight stay at Homestay.
Post breakfast, we will start our journey for our main destination i.e. Shnongpdeng. In between, we will take multiple stops for beautiful viewpoints and before reaching Shnongpdeng, we will head towards the cleanest village in Asia i.e. Mawlynnong. Look around in awe the cleanliness of every household and lane. Spend some quality time there with the locals and know their efforts towards keeping their village clean. Head out from Mawlynnong and you will halt by a roadside dhaba for your lunch. You will reach by Shnongpdeng the evening. Your campsite will be on the banks of the Dawki (Umngot) river and your tents will be ready for you. Grab a tent for yourself and relax until the bonfire is arranged. Dinner will be served by the river.
Overnight stay at tent.
You will have the entire day to yourself. Either take part in the different adventure activities happening or stay afloat in the river waters or maybe swim. You can also choose to explore the nearby village or just sit in your tent to spend some time in quiet. Some activities to indulge in are boating, kayaking, and even snorkeling - the best thing to do as the water is really clear. Don’t miss out on this fun!
Ethnic dinner by the water and Overnight stay at camp.
Today, try out the leftout adventure activities in Shnongpdeng but before that head out to Dawki after a late morning breakfast. Locally known as Umngot river, it is the venue of an annual boat race held during March - April at Umsyiem. Dawki river, the natural boundary between Jaintia hills with Hima Khyrim of Khasi hills showcases exquisite natural beauty over which only a single span suspension bridge was constructed. Don’t forget to hop onto the boating adventure to explore the entire stretch of the river. After this visit the Indo-Bangladesh International Border Maitri Dwar, a gate of friendship between India and Bangladesh.
Get back to your campsite and lunch will be served. Appreciate the beauty of the river and the surroundings while you have your lunch.
Now, you are free to delve into more of the adventure activities that this place has to offer. In the evening, music with bonfire and some delicious dinner will be arranged for you as it will be your last night here.
Overnight stay in the camp.
Post early morning breakfast, we will start our return journey. While returning, we will give a visit to one of the most famous waterfalls in Meghalaya i.e. Krangsuri waterfalls, one of the most magical waterfalls you will ever see. Then we will head on to the next waterfall i.e. Tyrshi falls. Then we will restart our return journey. We hope you enjoyed this beautiful trip. We will drop you at your respective location. We wish you a happy and safe journey for your onward destination.
- All transfers and sightseeing by 01 SUV (INNOVA/XYLO)
- Guwahati Airport/Station Pickup and Drop
- Vehicle Fuel Charges and Driver's Allowances
- Twin Sharing Room(s).
- All ethnic or traditional meals (Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Dinner)
Services of a Local English/Hindi speaking driver during the tour.
Good Homestays/Ethnic Guest House
- Sightseeing in all mentioned destinations.
- Inner line permit for all passengers if applicable.
- Special Permit for Border Area Visit if applicable.
- Local guide or porter during trek if required.
- Drinking Water
- Any expenses of personal nature or extra meals ordered
- Air/train fare
- Lunch and dinner.
- Visa Fees, Tips, Insurance or Medical Fees.
- River Cruise or Safari Charges.
- Any Camera and monument entry fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the above "Inclusion Part.
THE ITINERARY AND PRICING MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE FLIGHT/TRAIN ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE TIMINGS AND OTHER MODIFICATIONS.
Terms and Conditions:
Finderbridge does not hold any responsibility for refund arising out of any natural, weather conditions, pandemic situation, man-made calamities that may occur.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all the mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Finderbridge reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, pandemic lockdowns, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The package of the tour may vary on the number of people that will be coming in the tour.
- Payment can be done in parts.
- After making your first payment, you will get an email confirmation.
- Once you make the 100% payment for your booking, you'll get the booking voucher containing all the information about your trip.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
Payment Terms Policy
100% of total tour cost will have to be paid 10 days before the date of travel.