Sikkim is an unusual part of India and is an offbeat track which makes it special.
Here, you will be trekking through a pristine sanctuary of Rhododendrons with
various shades of red, pink and white. Wherever your eyes go, you will see a huge
assortment of colours to keep your trek exciting. The spectacular views of the
Kanchenjunga range follow you almost throughout the trekking route.
Arrive at Bagdogra airport which is the nearest to Barsey and drive to Okhrey which is a 7-hour drive approximately. Okhrey is a small picturesque village. Enjoy some delicious food at Okhrey and stay overnight.
A short drive of 35 mins from Okhrey to Hilley gets you to the starting point of your wonderful trek. The trek commences with a gentle walk through a mix of bamboo and rhododendron forests. Continue walking through the enchanting forest till you reach the campsite at Lasune. Overnight stay at camp.
Today’s walk is mainly dodging through Rhododendron and mixed temperate forests. The route is through thick Silver Firs and Oaks that is home to many bird species such as Rufous-Vented Yuhina, Red-tailed Minla and Rufous-Bellied Niltava. Pass through the beautiful dried bed of a lake, as you climb towards the campsite at Joreybotey. Reach the campsite and Overnight stay at camp.
Continue your trekking through fir and Rhododendron forests and see the majestic Kanchenjunga from almost every part of your trek. Admire the views of the valley below. Walk into thick Rhododendron forests and finally reach an open meadow with criss-crossing streams. Camp is set up right after crossing the streams. Overnight stay at camp.
On this day, a steep climb gets you to the top ridge of the sanctuary. The mighty hemlocks now give way to slopes filled with Rhododendron shrubs and bushes giving a wonderful view. Your trek through the valley and the camp is set up very close to the Indo-Nepal border outpost of Chewa Bhanjyang. Overnight stay at camp.
Your final journey through the thick forests gets you to the blissfully tranquil Uttarey village. After reaching Uttarey you can choose to get a drive to Pelling which takes approximately 2 hours or continue walking. Pelling is a quiet and beautiful destination, where you will stay overnight after enjoying some delicious food.
Today you can choose to visit Rabdentse ruins or Pemayangtse Monastery or Khecheopalri Lake, a lake where your wishes come true. For an insight into local life, visit Darap, a scenic village inhabited by the Limboo community. Here you can spend some time understanding the rural Sikkim community and possibly enjoy a local traditional meal. Overnight stay at Pelling.
Early in the morning have breakfast and leave for Bagdogra airport to catch the flight back home by taking a lot of wonderful memories with you. The drive is 6 hours approximately.We wish you happy and safe journey.
- All transfers and sightseeing by 01 SUV (INNOVA/XYLO)
- Guwahati Airport/Station Pickup and Drop
- Vehicle Fuel Charges and Driver's Allowances
- Twin Sharing Room(s).
- All ethnic or traditional meals (Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Dinner)
Services of a Local English/Hindi speaking driver during the tour.
Good Homestays/Ethnic Guest House
- Sightseeing in all mentioned destinations.
- Inner line permit for all passengers if applicable.
- Special Permit for Border Area Visit if applicable.
- Local guide or porter during trek if required.
- Drinking Water
- Any expenses of personal nature or extra meals ordered
- Air/train fare
- Lunch and dinner.
- Visa Fees, Tips, Insurance or Medical Fees.
- River Cruise or Safari Charges.
- Any Camera and monument entry fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the above "Inclusion Part.
THE ITINERARY AND PRICING MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE FLIGHT/TRAIN ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE TIMINGS AND OTHER MODIFICATIONS.
Terms and Conditions:
Finderbridge does not hold any responsibility for refund arising out of any natural, weather conditions, pandemic situation, man-made calamities that may occur.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all the mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Finderbridge reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, pandemic lockdowns, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The package of the tour may vary on the number of people that will be coming in the tour.
- Payment can be done in parts.
- After making your first payment, you will get an email confirmation.
- Once you make the 100% payment for your booking, you'll get the booking voucher containing all the information about your trip.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
Payment Terms Policy
100% of total tour cost will have to be paid 10 days before the date of travel.