Tripura Heritage Tour
Your first morning on this wonderful tour will start with a scrumptious breakfast.
Post breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport to board your flight to Agartala.
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to a hotel/guest house. Rest of the day will be
free for leisure.
Dinner and overnight stay will be provided at the hotel/guest house.
Post breakfast, We visit the the royal Ujjayanta Palace. The gleaming white Ujjayanta
Palace located in the capital city of Agartala evokes the age of Tripura Maharajas. The
name Ujjayanta Palace was given by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. It is a unique
experience to witness living history and Royal splendour within the walls of Ujjayanta
Palace. This Palace was built by Maharaja Radha kishore Manikya in 1901A.D; this
Indo-Saracenic building is set in large Mughal-style gardens on a lake front. The palace
has three domes each 86 feet high stunning tiles floor curved wooden ceiling and
wonderful crafted door decor. Visit the local market in the evening and leisure time.
Overnight at Homestay.
Post breakfast, we drive to Neer Mahal which is one of two water palaces of India.
Neermahal literally means Water Palace. The place is a picturesque fairytale Royal
mansion located in the middle of the Rudrasagar Lake which is 53 km South of Agartala.
Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya built the palace in 1930 A.D as his summer residence
being inspired by Mughal Style of Architecture. Viewing Neermahal from the back of
Rudrasagar reminds one of the famous and enchanting ‘Jagniwas Palace’ in Pichola Lake
at Udaipur, Rajasthan. It is a fascinating sight to view the reflection of the palace on the
placid water of the Rudrasagar Lake. The dome-shaped miners of the palace have attributed
a fort-like look to the mansion. The ‘Darbar Hall’ of the palace even today stands as an
epitome of past Royal pomp and grandeur. Rudrasagar Lake covers an area of about
5.3sq.kms and is home to variety of resident as well as migratory birds. Facilities for
boating and water sports are available and boat festival is held every year in Rudrasagar
in the month of July/August.
Overnight at Homestay.
Post breakfast, head out for Unakoti Tourist Lodge. Post lunch at Unakoti Tourist Lodge,
be ready for a sightseeing tour of the famous Unakoti Heritage Site. It is ‘Shaiba’ (Saivite)
pilgrimage and dates back to 7th – 9th centuries if not earlier.The marvellous rock
carvings, murals with their primitive beauty, waterfalls are not to be missed. Unakoti
means one less than a crore and it is said that these many rock cut carvings are available
here. The central Shiva head known as ‘Unakotiswara Kal Bhairava’ is about 30 feet high
including an embroidered head-dress which itself is 10 feet high. On each side of the head-dress
of the central Shiva, there are two full size female figures - one of Durga standing on a
lion and another female figure on the other side. In addition three enormous images of
Nandi Bull are found half buried in the ground. There are various other stone as well as
rock cut images at Unakoti. Every year a big fair popularly known as ‘Ashokastami Mela’
is held in the month of April which is visited by thousands of pilgrims.
Dinner and overnight stay will be provided in Unakoti Tourist Lodge.
Enjoy breakfast in the morning. Post breakfast, be ready with you backpack to bid sweet
adieu to the beautiful state of Tripura. You will be transferred to Agartala Airport to board
your flight back home.
- All transfers and sightseeing by 01 SUV (INNOVA/XYLO)
- Guwahati Airport/Station Pickup and Drop
- Vehicle Fuel Charges and Driver's Allowances
- Twin Sharing Room(s).
- All ethnic or traditional meals (Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Dinner)
Services of a Local English/Hindi speaking driver during the tour.
Good Homestays/Ethnic Guest House
- Sightseeing in all mentioned destinations.
- Inner line permit for all passengers if applicable.
- Special Permit for Border Area Visit if applicable.
- Local guide or porter during trek if required.
- Drinking Water
- Any expenses of personal nature or extra meals ordered
- Air/train fare
- Lunch and dinner.
- Visa Fees, Tips, Insurance or Medical Fees.
- River Cruise or Safari Charges.
- Any Camera and monument entry fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the above "Inclusion Part.
THE ITINERARY AND PRICING MIGHT CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE FLIGHT/TRAIN ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE TIMINGS AND OTHER MODIFICATIONS.
Terms and Conditions:
Finderbridge does not hold any responsibility for refund arising out of any natural, weather conditions, pandemic situation, man-made calamities that may occur.
Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all the mentioned services will remain unchanged.
Finderbridge reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, pandemic lockdowns, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
The package of the tour may vary on the number of people that will be coming in the tour.
- Payment can be done in parts.
- After making your first payment, you will get an email confirmation.
- Once you make the 100% payment for your booking, you'll get the booking voucher containing all the information about your trip.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- If cancellation are made 30 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
Payment Terms Policy
100% of total tour cost will have to be paid 10 days before the date of travel.